Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lexi's Dreams Are Coming True

If you haven't already heard, Lexi will probably soon tell you that we're having a baby.
I found out while I was in Seattle.
I was crazy and took my pregnancy test at 3 am when I got up to go to the bathroom.
Stupidest idea ever!
Because when it came back positive, I of course, couldn't go back to sleep.
So instead, I took pictures of myself in my parents' bathroom.

This week we had an ultrasound to confirm my due date, October 15th.
And here is the littlest person in our family...
The baby was pretty entertaining during the ultrasound.
First he/she was really actively moving it's hands and feet and then it fell asleep.
And then a few minutes later it woke up and was wiggly again.


After our ultrasound we showed Lexi the pictures and told her I was pregnant.
She was so excited.
She really wants another sister.
And she wants to name her Sadie Sue.
But today she told me that if it's a boy we could name it Dairy.


Ever since Lexi found out she wants to say hi to her baby and kiss it.
Last night she prayed for her baby.
And first thing this morning she wanted to say hi to it.
And several times today she asked me if she could look at the pictures of her baby again.

Avery has just been kissing my belly a lot and saying baby.
(I look HUGE in these pictures with the girls,
let me just say that I just ate and I always look 2 months further along after I eat.)

And here I am today.
Technically I'm 12 weeks and 2 days.
But whatever!

And for fun here's pictures of me pregnant with Lexi and with Avery at 12 weeks.

4 comments:

Jared and Nikki said...

Congratulations! How exciting for your family. It is adorable to see and read about the excitement that Lexi and Avery have. It is so sweet!

Katie said...

So excited for you! I hope it's a boy! :)

Michelle said...

The ultra sound really looks like a baby already. I didn't realize how far a long you were and I expected it to look like a jelly bean.

Sean and Jennie said...

You are looking so cute and preggo!