Thursday, October 28, 2010

Avery's First Half Birthday

Six months ago today Avery made her grand entrance into the world. Everyday I am so grateful for this little girl in my life. Avery has taught me once again what it means to love another person more than myself. My eyes are watering up as I think about how much Avery means to me. She is an amazing little girl. She's so sweet and has the best smile and laugh. I can't imagine our lives without her, it just seems like she's always been with us. Even though Lexi can be a little rough, she loves her little sisters so much already and is protective of her.


Avery hardly ever cries and is so easy to watch. She basically watches herself. I can just let her playing on the floor with some toys for up to an hour at a time and she doesn't make a peep.

Avery has been teething and the poor thing isn't sleeping well (me and Sean either - the joys of sharing a room with your baby). She has been up so much at night again.


Since teething, Avery has also stopped showing interest in solid foods.


Avery is to the stage where she wants to be holding ANYTHING and EVERYTHING around her. And then she wants to put it into her mouth.

-Since teething, Avery has started to kinda take a binkie. She mostly just chews on it but it will help calm her down.
-Avery can sit up unsupported but falls over often wiggling or trying to grab things out of her reach.
-Avery doesn't crawl but she rolls over and wiggles around on the floor to get what she wants.
-Avery naps three times a day.
-Avery is such a happy baby! She is the kind of baby that makes us want to have more kids. The other day Sean and I were talking about twins and Sean said he would love twin Avery's. I would too. She's just that great!
-For fun here are the links to the other monthly posts I've done about Avery: 1 month old, 2 months old, 3 months old, 4 months old and 5 months old.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy half Birthday Avery! I love her dark eyes!

Michelle said...

The last few pictures really highlight her long eye lashes. She's a cutie.