We decided that we weren't ready for potty training. So we're taking a break from it. Every time I asked Lexi if she needed to go potty, she got upset and said no. She never actually used her potty, just had accidents on the floor. She did however go through her entire nap without an accident in her underware.
Anyway, it was too much stress plus I just bought her a huge pack of diapers from Costco. So I'm not in a huge hurry right now.
3 comments:
Good for you!!! There is no reason to rush potty training, especially if your child isn't ready. So many of my friends are trying to potty train too early, and it just leads to messes and tears (in my opinion, anyway). If you wait until you are both ready, potty training will take days, not weeks (or months!). I waited until just before Nels was three (only recently), and he was potty trained in two days, with only two major accidents. I think Jens will be ready much earlier, because he watches Nels and wants to copy him; every kid is different, and it's okay to wait! : )
If you want any other information on the technique I used to potty train Nels so fast, just let me know. : )
so i've heard that it's best to wait until it's their idea, but i don't know if it will EVER be mikayla's idea....
Lauren was close to three when she was potty trained and it didn't take very long. Remember she and Katie are not quite two years apart so they were both in diapers for a year and a half and we survived. lol It is much easier when they are ready.
Post a Comment