This past week Sean and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We've had a great three years of marriage together. We are happier now than ever. Since we started our family, we've doubled in size (the little one in my belly counts), we've both graduated from college with Bachelor's degrees and we've had so many fun memories. We had a laid back anniversary and just enjoyed being together. My sweet husband brought me home a sweet card, some roses and Baby Ruth candy bars and mint chocolate chip ice cream!


Last Thursday was Tax day and was Sean last day of his internship. Now he is a "stay-at-home dad." We have just been enjoying this past week being together as a family. We've been enjoying the beautiful weather and taking Lexi to the park everyday and going on lots of walks.
This past Saturday we took Lexi to the zoo in Idaho Falls. The last time we took her was for her first birthday. She loved it this time. She knows so many animals and got excited to see them.

Lexi's favorite animal was... the lion!!! No surprise, she is obsessed with a stuffed lion that we bought her at the zoo last year.

My favorite animal was this baby zebra. He's only a week old! I'm glad that my baby won't come out this big!



Lexi is a wild child! She was the little girl at the zoo running around, screaming merrily on a lion leash.
The other day we went to the temple and walked around the grounds. Lexi loved it. It was just nice to sit on the grass and look across the beautiful valley...


And here is a picture of Lexi on a swing at Porter Park. Several times a day, Lexi says "wing" and "wide" ("swing" and "slide") when asking us to go to the park...

Lexi has loved having Daddy having home with her all the time. And I love having Sean as my "manny" (man nanny)...

Today, we went to the upper fields on campus so Sean could play wiffle ball. Lexi loved running around the field, playing in the grass and being out in the sunshine...


And here is me today, 40 weeks pregnant! I know I'm huge! I have gained 40 lbs exactly (with Lexi I gained 42 and wasn't even pregnant as long) and as of this morning can no longer wear my wedding ring.

And a little pregnancy update for those interested... I went to the doc's today and I haven't progressed at all since last week. I'm about 80% effaced and in between 1 and 2 cm dilated. We're going to get an ultrasound Thursday to check the baby's fluids and baby and make sure everything is still okay. We're going to pray really hard that I make some progress this next week or there is a very good chance that next Tuesday (the 27th) I'll be having another c-section. I might be a woman with a "hard cervix" that just doesn't dilate. We hope not though. Prayer for me and my baby girl!
PS I took the pregnancy countdowns off my blog because I didn't need any more reminders that I should have my baby by now or really soon.
4 comments:
sam you look great! geez my face looked like a whale at the end of my pregnancy but you don't look bloated at all! I hope she decides to make her way out soon. boo for c-sections!!!
Ive been checking facebook and your blog because I just know any minute you are going to have that baby! At least I am hoping! Maybe you will just have to drive through Vegas when you move so we can see you then?
Love the picture of the roses. What a sweet husband. I am starting to casually drop hints to Jared that my birthday is coming up because I swear he doesn't remember!
Looks like we are the only ones that haven't visited a zoo this month. Too bad the zoo here in Vegas is super lame and in the ghetto. Seriously, last time we went there was a huge piece of plywood outside with the word ZOO spray painted on it---we didn't even go after that.
Well, good luck! Talk to you soon!
I'm the same with Val. I thought this was going to be THE post. The one about the BABY! 40lbs Looks great on you!!! Have fun with your "manny" this week hehehehe.
I'm so glad he has been home with you! I didn't know the zoo was opened yet...good to know. I'm sorry you are still pregnant! Is that okay to say?! :) I'll keep you in our prayers and hope that you don't have to go through another c-section.
Post a Comment