This is my third post of the day. I'm trying hard to get up to date. The reason I'm so far behind is because of some recent changes in my pregnancy.
Friday morning at 5 am. I woke up having contractions. They were annoying me so I took some Tylenol which helped we get some rest. A few hours later though it wore off and I started feeling awful. I was in so much pain. I didn't know what as happening and I was home alone with Lexi, without a car. Sean was on campus studying in the library basement, so he had no cell phone reception. Finally the pain got so bad that I started worrying about what I was going to do. I called my two amazing friends Amber and Melinda and they both came over immediately. Melinda took me to the doctor while Amber watched Lexi.
Last Tuesday at my weekly check up the doctor couldn't even find my cervix but on Friday morning the baby dropped (and I am pretty sure I felt it) and was getting in birthing position. I wasn't dilated at all though, which was super frustrating. I was hooked up and they monitored my contractions which were super regular and the baby's heartbeat. It was nice to know my baby was okay. She is normally incredibly activate but wasn't once the contractions started.
So all Friday, we had no idea what was going on. I kept having contractions so we thought that maybe we'd have an Easter baby. Saturday morning I went back to the doctor to see if my contractions led to any progress. It frustrates me to say, that when I got checked again I still hadn't dilated any.
Sunday, I kept having contractions (not as bad or regular though) and lots of cramping. And today my stomach just hurts and I feel nauseous. Since this whole thing started, our baby hasn't been moving very much at all and I have had no appetite and am just ready to be done. My next appointment is Thursday, so I'm crossing my fingers that something will have happened by then!
2 comments:
Haha that picture is awesome. Thanks for including it, I feel so honored to be a part of the story. Dang you look good, especially for being in labor!
Oh, Sam! What a bummer that all those contractions were just for "fun!" :) Hang in there lady...you day of "deliverance" is nigh! HUGS!
Post a Comment