Monday, April 26, 2010

The End is in Sight

I know another pregnancy post. But don't worry this is my last one. My next post will be about the birth of our daughter.

We had another BPP (bio physical profile) done today. We're happy to report that our baby is healthy, looks like she has hair, doesn't have the cord around her neck and still has plenty of fluids. But it's not safe for me to continue this pregnancy much longer. We're still hoping and praying for a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) delivery but know that it just may not be possible. So we've schedule a c-section for this Thursday, the 29th at 1 pm. If my body decides to go into labor before than that's great, if not then a scheduled c-section it is.

I'm excited to no longer be pregnant. I feel anxious about this delivery. I wanted to have a VBAC so bad, I feel like something is being taken away from me. I'm trying to still be optimistic because it's still a possibility that I won't have to have another c-section. But it's not looking so good for me right now. I haven't progressed at all in the last three weeks. I just pray that my baby and I will be healthy no matter what happens. Please keep us in your prayers. And next time I post, it will be pictures of our baby!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Oh, Sam! I'm so sorry! I'll keep praying for you and your little one! HUGS!

Beth Tunnell said...

I'm so sorry, Sam! I hope you make it through okay, no matter what kind of delivery you have. And here is a cheerful story for you while you are waiting until Thursday (but hopefully sooner!) http://www.designmom.com/2010/04/c-section-story-from-rebecca-bratsman/

Sherrie said...

Whooo Hoooo, my oldest child is born on April 29. My second child was born on April 30 - 3 years later. We are all keeping you in our prayers.

Lisa said...

oh Sam I'm sorry. I truly hope that baby kicks it into gear so you can have your VBAC!

Valerie Christensen said...

So they wont even give you a little pitocin first or break your water to see if that works (or some other method of induction)? It seems like in a lot of my friends those things sped up the birth--all they needed was a little kick in the butt. Hmmm...just curious about that. They won't even do vbacs here in Nevada, so I dont really know much about them.

You are a trooper Sam! Kinda stinks that things aren't working out exactly as planned, but that is life I guess. I'm just excited that your next post is going to have lots and lots of pictures of my adorable, precious niece!

Jared and Nikki said...

Having had a c-section, I know that they aren't fun, but I know that the Lord will take care of you and your baby. If she doesn't come on her own, then there must be some reason why. You and her will be in my prayers. And even if you have a c-section, remember that it doesn't make you any less of a mom. You will still be a wonderful mother no matter how she gets here! Hang in there!