Today we picked Sean's start date, June 7th. We are planning on moving the end of May and moving in to our new apartment the beginning of June. Things are finally starting to seem real. We are looking more seriously at apartments and think we might have found the one! All the apartments that we're considering have playgrounds and pools which will be amazing, especially for Lexi. Now we just have to sell some of our furniture, finish packing (luckily I started the packing process when we first got the job offer) and find someone to take over our apartment contract here. And and we still need to have the baby!
And because I know you're all curious, here are some fun Albuquerque facts:
It is a high desert climate. The population of the city itself is just over 500,00 and the metro area is about 800,000. The average home cost is about $200,000. There are over 300 sunny days a year. The average temperature in July is about 90 degrees and 50 in January. There are three Costco's in the metro area. ABQ is home to the world's longest arial tramway and home to the Albuquerque International Ballon Fiesta in October (which we're so excited for). And importantly there is a temple there too.
And here are a few pictures...



13 comments:
congrats! That is so awesome you finally have a date! We are waiting for jeff to get some offers and its stressing me out!!
WHERE IS YOUR BABY AND WHY ISN'T SHE HERE?!?
My cousin lives in ABQ. We went to visit her last summer, they have some AWESOME restaurants there. I can give you her email if you want. BEST OF LUCK THESE NEXT FEW DAYS!
This is such a bittersweet post. ABQ is such a wonderful place. You'll lovers it.
I'm so excited for you guys! ABQ looks really fun. And it's such a sweet adventure to finally get out of college. I hope things go pretty smoothly and your baby decides to come out soon! My friend Nicole will be moving with her family out to ABQ soon after you guys. You should check out her blog http://hyrumandnicole.blogspot.com/.
Congratulations! The city looks like it could be really fun. Good luck on that baby girl, I hope she comes naturally for you!
ABQ is by far the best place ever. Especially for people going on missions...just saying haha
Oh and what apts are you guys looking at? the ones in academy hieghts ward still?
The time to move is going to come so fast. We will be moving at the end of July, and it seems like that is going to come so fast. WOW! Good luck with the move. I'm excited for you to have a new little adventure. Hope the little one comes soon and that we can see ya in the office. =)
yay! so glad everything is coming together now:) Let me know what furniture you're selling...and have that baby already!
so cool that sean got a job. i know how big of a relief that is. so much fun stuff happening for your family right now!
I am so happy for you guys. What an exciting time in your lives. New baby, new move, new place. I hope you find a place in a great ward, that has helped us a lot being so far from home
YEAH! Glad it's official!
That is awesome Sam! Hurray for a job! I have been to the balloon festival down there, when I was really little like 5 or so and I still can remember it, it was so cool. Anyway, good luck with everything, we will miss you tons!
Post a Comment