Friday, June 8, 2012

Dudes! Dudes! Dudes!

 That's right we're gonna have TWO dudes in our house now!
WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!
Sean will no long be the lone man in the house full of too much estrogen, dresses, pink and drama.
Our little man is healthy and measuring just a little bit big or ahead of schedule.
And we've already picked a name...
Eli Bentley Christensen
His name comes from our maternal (mom's side) grandfathers.
Mine, Calvin Eli and Sean's, Bryce Bentley.
I'm so excited to be naming our son after two men that we love 
and have looked up to our whole lives.
 ...
Lexi has wanted another baby sister since before she knew I was pregnant.
So when we found out we are having a boy, we knew we needed to do something really exciting
when we told the girls.
So we got them each several balloons and put them in two big boxes.
I wanted all blue balloons but the lady at the store decided to make it confusing
 and use yellow and green balloons.
Here's the video of them opening their boxes.
 

Avery had no clue what was going on but she was excited about the balloons.
And now when we talk about the baby Avery says, "baby lie" or "baby boy."
And once Lexi found out she was going to have a brother she got pretty excited.
She always is talking about how much she loves Eli and how cute and chubby he is going to be.
And she tells me all the time that Eli is going to cry for just her and want just her sometimes.

  

  

And of course, I had to share some pictures of Eli.
Look at his cute little side profile!


When we were told we were having a boy, I asked how sure they were.
We were told, "100% boy, unless his thing falls off."
So there you have it, he's all boy!


 It still doesn't seem really real that we're having a boy.
We haven't bought Eli a thing yet but I am starting to look at little boy clothes now 
whenever we go to the store.
And I am planning on making some cute little blankets.

1 comment:

Valerie Christensen said...

I am so glad you are having a boy! That is what I was secretly hoping for you guys. I really, really hope my next is a boy---not that I don't love the girls, but I'm ready for a change. Anyways, can't wait to meet little Eli!