Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Kids Say The Darndest Things
Two nights ago... Sean was holding Avery, so I asked Lexi if she wanted to come sit on my lap. Once I was holding her, she looked at me and said, "Nuse. Bouy." Translation = Nurse. Booby. I didn't know what to say. I just told her that only babies nurse. I'm not sure why, but Sean jokingly asked Lexi if she wanted Daddy to nurse her. She said yes and insisted on sitting on his lap! We distracted her from wanting to nurse with one of her dolls. The funny thing is I couldn't get Lexi to nurse when she was a baby, so I pumped and bottle fed her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so funny. Katherine is the same way, except I nursed her till she was 19 months, so it is still very familiar to her. She always climbs onto my lap and asks to see my "milks" and when I am nursing Adam she asks if she can have a turn when he is done.
One of my friends daughters cut a hole in her shirt at preshool and told her teacher "Now I can nurse Princess Aurora (her barbie)" Haha. Kids are funny especially when it comes to nursing. Have you ever seen the crazy lady who nurses her 8 and 10 year old kids? Pretty funny--"better than mangoes" is my favorite line.
Post a Comment