Here's a little family update...
Past:
-Yesterday the girls and I were all laying on the floor. Avery was in the middle facing Lexi. Lexi looks at Avery and says (in her own little Lexi way) "Drool. Yucky." It was so funny. I taught Lexi what drool was earlier this week when Avery "kissed" Lexi on the nose (Lexi accidentally stuck the tip of her nose in Avery's mouth).
-This week I started bathing the girls together. It is so cute! During Lexi's bath I just put Avery's little tub sling thing in the tub and Lexi helps me bathe her sister. Lexi is in charge of cleaning Avery's feet. And when it's time for me to take Avery out, Lexi always says, "More." As in more Avery.
-We got a "new" couch this week. Sean was so excited. He HATED our 1980's grandma couch (It really was my grandma's couch from the 80's). We got our couch off of Craig's List for FREE! It's so comfy but it has some claw marks and stains so we still have to use our annoying couch cover.
Present:
-Right now as I type, Lexi is sitting in my lap terrified. Of what you might ask. A fly. She saw one for the first time yesterday and is horrified... I just tried putting her down and she held on to me for dear life and started screaming all over again. What a wimp!
-Yesterday Lexi was reading a book about chocolate chip cookies and insisted that she had some. Well she didn't get her way (we didn't have any in the house). So today I let Lexi "help" me bake cookies. She LOVED it! She loves it whenever I let her stand on a chair and help in the kitchen. I need to make or get her an apron of her own.
-Earlier this week I got together a bunch of dress up items for Lexi. I taught her what dress up is and she loved it. I want to find or make a dress up box and I'm going to go thrift store/ garage sale shopping for things to fill it up with!
-Yesterday I ordered Avery's blessing dress. Now, I'm trying to figure out the accessories. I'm going to make her a bracelet and possibly and anklet. And I am going to paint her nails and of course make an amazing bow or some sort of hair accessory!
-I'm making hair accessories for all of the granddaughters for Andrea's wedding. I'm trying to decided which bow/clip I should make for which girl. Michelle and Val, maybe you should just tell me which one you like best... #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, or #6. There might be some other options but those are what I was thinking.
-Today I plan on uploading more pictures to our Shutterfly site. So hopefully I'll get that done.
Future:
-On Sunday Sean will be flying to Memphis for TWO WEEKS of training!!! Pray for me! I've never been away from him that long. And whenever we've been a part, he was the one at home.
-The fourth Sunday of this month I'm going to be substitute teaching in Relief Society. I'm going to be teaching from Elder Holland's talk this past General Conference.
-In 20 days we will be flying to Washington!!! I'm so excited to go see our families. While we're there we are going to Andrea and Brandon's wedding, I'm going to be sealed to my parents and we are going to be blessing Avery.
-Earlier this week I ordered HUNDREDS of pictures. While Sean is in Memphis I am going to be finally updated the girls photo albums.
-I'm planning on potty training Lexi after we get back from Washington. I'm going to use this method, I think, but change it a bit. Wish me luck!
3 comments:
i forgot that you aren't sealed to your parents. that is so great that you are finally doing that!!! Also Griffin is going to Memphis on sunday too. he is moving there for the rest of the summer.
p.s. lexi is totally a wimp! lol.
I've made flower #2 and #3--both are really cute. I kinda like them all--you should just make a couple of each kind in various colors and material. Haha. I really am leaning towards 4 and 6. You know what might be cute--make some of each and they can all have the same color and material but kinda different bows?? I think I will put Addie's hair in pigtails--so I'm not sure what would look best with that?
Good luck without Sean. 2 kids with no help is something I am all too familiar with and don't miss it at all.
Addie loves bugs. She has no fear of them and will just pick them up. I can't tell you how many times she will come up to me with a bug in her hand. I'm sure having an older brother has something to do with that.
And lastly
Go right now and get the hunger games! It is so good. One of those books you CAN NOT PUT DOWN. The story is a little morbid--but I still loved it.
Oh SO cute! I love number 5! Also That is so exciting you are going to be sealed! How great is that!
I love your stories and miss you tons and tons
Post a Comment