And I just want to write down a few things about Lexi before I forget...
This morning while in the tub, Lexi wrapped her feet in wash clothes and then stuck her feet in two cups. Then she told me she had socks and shoes on. What an imagination.
Just over a week ago, Sean asked Lexi who "Sam" is. Then she pointed to me. She knew! What a little smarty! And then we asked her who "Sean" is. And of course she knew that one too. She recognizes and can say our names. She is so observant, we never taught her our names.
Lexi doesn't understand what boys and girls are (or men and women). To her everyone is a mommy, daddy or baby. Whenever she see's a man in a book she calls him daddy and a women mommy. It's so cute.
Sean has started asking Lexi who she wants to pray when it's time for prayers. She always says daddy but now she mumbles along with us. I can't wait to hear her says her own prayers all by herself.
Lexi is mastering "ING." She adds it onto all sorts of verbs now. She says walking and talking. She says Avery is talking whenever she makes noise.
I have been trying to do crafts with Lexi. We started hanging up her artwork in the dinning room on the wall. She points to it proudly and calls it her art.
Lexi's favorite TV show is Sesame Street, well mainly Elmo's World. But after watching Curious George with her cousin Parker last time we were in Utah, she likes watching that too. That's not a surprise though, she loves monkeys.
Every week when we got to church Lexi has to take her backpack with her full of all her toys. It's nice that I don't have to carry them in my bag, although either Sean or I end up carrying her backpack eventually.
Lexi's obsession with clothes and shoes is greater than ever! She recently is in love with tutu's. And she has a new favorite pair of shoes, silver Mary Jane style shoes with rhinestones, and she always wants to wear them!
A really exciting thing that Lexi has recently learned is how to say her own name! She doesn't refer to herself as "dada" anymore! She now calls herself "Wedy." L's and X
s are still hard for her to pronounce by we're getting closer!
Lexi has started trying to sing the alphabet lately. She says the first few lettings right and the last few and then throws random ones in the middle. It's so cute.
Lexi is a little mother. She loves helping change Avery's diaper. She will undo it and loves helping wipe. We have even let her help wipe herself. She is almost ready to be potty trained! I just have to figure out exactly how I'm going to do it.
One of Lexi's new favorite treats are Gummy worms or bears. She calls they "dummies."
Lexi insist on doing "Tummy Time" with Avery. She even can say "tummy time." Although she doesn't really get it. She just thinks it means laying on a blanket.
Lexi LOVES going swimming. When we take her to the pool she loves jumping into the water from the side. She really just holds onto our arms and jumps to us. She loves kicking and splashing. She is a little fish.
There is a summer reading program at our local library. Lexi is participating. Every week we bring in her "reading log" and she gets a prizes. She loves going to the library. We took her last night and for her prize she got a little stuff turtle. Sean told Lexi to kiss her turtle but I guess Lexi misheard him or didn't understand because she kissed the librarian! It was so sweet.
When Lexi is hungry I sometimes ask her what she wants to it. She almost always says ham or candy or cereal.
We are trying to teach Lexi to say, "I love you." When she says it, it comes out as, "I love me." It's so funny.
That's all I can think of for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment