Thursday, July 22, 2010

Diaries of a "Single Parent" - Painful Injury, Tummy Love and a Lot of Energy

Tuesday night I hit my bare foot with the front door (not a very smart thing to do but a very "Sam thing" to do). Anyway, it hurt SOOOOO bad. I instantly started screaming in pain and crying and bleeding like crazy. The right side of my nail was instantly broken (no long attached to my skin), gross, I know. I now am limping and am in constant pain. It's amazing how much you use your toes. Here is a picture of my foot the night it happened. And yes, I know this is gross but Sean isn't here to see it so I am forced to post pictures so he can see. Enjoy everyone else :)


And here is a picture of my foot today. As you can see, the nail is starting to die. I bet it's only a matter of time until I loose the whole nail. I'm afraid it's going to be so painful and ugly!

And now on to cuter things... I have mentioned previously that the girls now bathe together. Here is a picture of Avery from their bath tonight. You'll notice that Lexi is trying to help keep her little sister modest. And a side note: Right before I took Avery out of the tub, I sat her up next to Lexi and Lexi (on her own) just kisses Avery. It was so adorable! Lexi can be such a sweet big sister sometimes.

And here is a picture of our cheery "Baby Joy" (a nickname of her's) at 6:30 this morning. It's hard to be grumpy when you wake up to this face. And in case you're wondering, Avery is smiley all the time. She smiles so easily. I think she is the smiliest baby I've ever known!

Lexi get super jealous if Avery has anything. Example: Yesterday I put a headband on Avery and Lexi insisted that she had one too. She actually kept it on for a long time. Isn't she adorable!

And I just think this picture is funny. It's Lexi talking on the phone with her Daddy right after her nap. That's one big yawn.

Here is a sneak peak of two of the bows that I worked on today. I am supposed to be making a bunch of green bows for Andrea's wedding put got a little distracted with these new fabrics I got on sale.
And here is the reason I used the words "Tummy Love" in the post title... it's because Avery is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS rolling onto her tummy. EVERY TIME I lay her on her back she just rolls over to be on her belly. It's so strange. Most babies hate tummy time but Avery chooses to do it all day long. I took this video a few days ago. She is faster at rolling over now.


And here is a video of crazy, hyper, too much energy to keep up with Lexi...

And now some random "diary" thoughts:

I've really struggled this week. Not just because Sean is gone but because I have felt trapped at home. We've been having record heat and now I am having trouble walking. So I don't feel like going outside. I had big plans to take the girls out in my new double stroller and work out while Sean was gone but with my disgusting, useless toe, I can't do any of that.

I need to do laundry and I'm not excited because Sean isn't here to help.

Tomorrow the sister missionaries are bringing a lady they are teaching over for a lesson and then dinner. I'm so excited to have company!!! I'm socially deprived.

Sean is having a good time in Memphis. He is being super social but of course misses me like CRAZY! Actually, he REALLY misses Lexi. They're buds. Lexi really misses her Dad. Today she started scream and crying saying, "Daddy. Home. All done."

The good news is Sean gets home a week from tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

those are some sick pictures! hope your toe heals quick!