Today we took the girls to the zoo as an early birthday present to Lexi. We took Lexi to the
Idaho Falls zoo right before Avery was born and she loved it! We also took Lexi to the
zoo last year for her first birthday. We recently checked out the book "Good Night Gorilla" from the library and have been talking to Lexi about going to the zoo to see animals for days. She was so excited to finally go see the animals. The zoo here in Albuquerque is SO much bigger than the zoo back in Idaho Falls. We didn't even go around the entire park because Avery got tired and needed to sleep and it started getting hot. But Lexi still had such a great time. She keeps asking for more animals.
Here is a cute picture of Avery laying on her activity mat right before we left. She is just so cute, I had to share it.

Us at the zoo entrance.

Lexi didn't know what Flamingo's were before today. I think she liked that they were pink.

There were peacocks just walking around. Lexi like that. Some ran right past here.

The seals kept swimming right up to the window. They were a bunch of show offs.

The "Mommy Giraffe"

There were so many Elephants at this zoo which was really exciting for Lexi because she had never seen them in person before.

There was an area that sprayed water out of the ground. Lexi loved it of course. She got pretty wet.

Avery watching Lexi run around.

Lexi all wet and cooled down.

Lexi got to see Kanagroo's for the first time. They didn't have any babies in their pouches though, I was a little disappointed.

One of Lexi's favorite animals is a lion. Unfortunately, lions are lazy and boring.

My favorite were the polar bears.


It was a fun trip. We decided that next time just Sean will take Lexi though so she can stay longer and see more.
4 comments:
Oh the ABQ zoo! I loved that place! i served around there alot of my mission and it was one of the only fun things to do on P day.
Your girls are so cute! and the zoo looks like tons of fun.
I have never been to the zoo and seen that many animals up close and active. Those pictures made the Hogle Zoo look pathetic. I guess will have to move to ABQ. (I abbreviate because I am not quite sure how to spell it)
What a fun zoo! I think I already told you this--but the Vegas zoo? Ghetto! We've never been and I dont plan on taking the kids any time soon. We'll just have to visit you in ABQ and then go--(Jared and I were both commenting the other day that we also have no idea how to spell it either, Michelle!)
Post a Comment