Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lexi Says the Darndest Things...

Lexi cracks me up daily. Her journal is always close by now so I jot down all the funny stuff that comes out of her mouth.

Last week, I told Lexi that she had five more minutes until nap time. She looked at me and said, "I'm checking my email."

We have music channels with out cable package. We were listening to the toddler music channel and the song "High-Ho" from Snow White (Lexi isn't familiar with the movie) came on. Lexi looked at me and said, "I no like this noise."

This morning Lexi put one of her baby dolls into a doll car seat and said, "Baby go to hospital." I didn't think she even knew what a hospital was! So I told her that when mommies are pregnant (when there is a baby inside their belly) they go to the hospital and then babies are born (the come outside of their mommy's tummy). Lexi thought about that for a minute and then she put her Lion up her shirt and then pulled him out and said, "Lion born."

Today she came up to me while I was in the bathroom getting ready and said, "I need nursing cover for my boobs cause I'm a Mommy. I wait a minute." When I was done I gave her one of my nursing covers and she pretended to nurse. While she was nursing she kept saying, "I'm a Mommy." Then she told me, "I need nursing pads for my boobs." So I gave her some and she put them up her shirt and has been wearing them since! It's been over an hour. It's so funny to see a two year old with a stuffed shirt.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

that is hilarious. I can't wait until Jake starts to really talk and says funny things.

Valerie Christensen said...

I love it when they say funny things. Addie will say things, and they really aren't that funny--BUT the way she says things always cracks Jared and I up.

Kenzi said...

I am seriously laughing so hard! I think it will be so fun when my kids can talk to me!