Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lexi is Growing Up

This month Lexi started going to Primary and the Sunbeams class at church.
She was so excited.
I took her to Dessert Book to pick out her own scripture bag.
She also pick out her very own "primary necklace" as she calls it.
And she also got several wallet sized pictures of the Savior and some temples to put in her bag.


This month we also got a fish tank. I'm not sure if Sean or Lexi was more excited.
Lexi gave all of our fish princess names.
The three gold fish are Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine.
The silly black fish with really big eyes is Rapunzel.
And the two snails are Pocahontas and Ariel.
One of our snails laid hundreds of eggs, so we might be giving away some snails soon.
We went to the park last weekend (the weather here has been great).
Lexi wanted to take her scooter and ride it around.
It just seemed like a big kid thing to do.
This month we decided to give Lexi an allowance.
She has chores she has to do in order to earn it, which are: making her bed, getting dressed and putting her clothes away, cleaning up her toys, being nice to Avery, setting and clearing the table, putting away the clean utensils and making sure the fish get fed.
She gets to put a sticker on the calendar each day that she does her chores.
If she gets stickers four out of the seven days of the week that's good enough.
She gets paid on Sean's pay days.
She knows that she has to give 10% to tithing (which she was so excited to pay today)
and put 10% into savings.
With her allowance she decided to buy a little princess Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and a little boat.
She didn't have enough money but her dad told her that he loved her and would cover the difference. She was so excited to go to Wal-Mart and buy her new toy.

About a week ago Sean and I started discussing the idea of taking Avery out of the crib.
We thought about just taking the side rails off. We thought about buying her a toddler bed.
Then we decided that the best option was to buy Lexi and twin bed and give Avery Lexi's bed.
A few days later, my friend Tiffany told me about a Groupon coupon for Mattress Firm.
I essentially paid $50 for a $200 gift certificate. So it was like getting $150 off Lexi's mattress!!!

I just had to share this picture of Avery in her new bed.
She is just so happy going to bed at night now.
And she has even done well staying in bed even at nap time.

We really want to get Lexi a frame and headboard/footboard. So I started looking at Craig's List.
And just two days after we bought the mattress we found this...
This bed was only $50! And it looks brand new. It's perfect and Lexi loves her new bed.
We promised her that when she got a twin bed she could get princess sheets.
We wanted her to be excited about her new bed and not sad about Avery having her old one.
So I let Lexi look online at all the princess sheets and she decided that she wanted Rapunzel.
I found the pillowcase she wanted on Amazon for $13! Just the pillowcase!
So I started looking everywhere.
I found the entire sheet set at Target but it was out of stock.
I just kept checking several times a day and finally the sheets were in stock and on sale for $15.
Lexi can't wait to get her new sheets in the mail.

I really feel like Lexi has grown up a lot lately.
We loved her so much.
And she is also amazing us and making us laugh with the things she says.

1 comment:

Sean and Jennie said...

Yay big girl bed! She looks so cute in her sunbeam attire, she does really good in primary=) Avery also looks adorable in her toddler bed!