Sunday, December 12, 2010

Feeling Festive!

The first weekend of the month, we went to a nativity activity at church. It was awesome! I had never seen so many nativities in all my life. The goal was to have 500 on display and I wouldn't be surprised if there were. There was even a "live" nativity put on by the kids, which Lexi loved watching but really wanted to participate in...


There were tables set up all over the church with nativities...
(I'm not sure why Lexi is putting her fist in her mouth, two year old, right)

There were all different kinds of nativities. Here are some pictures of just a few...




(Yes, this one is made out of chocolate)


I let Lexi help me put out our nativities. Yes, these are all from South America...

And here is the nativity set that I made this year. What do you think? Not bad, huh? But nothing compared to the Santa's that my mom made and painted for my girls. They look amazing! Sean can't stop staring at them. All the little details are perfect...

Last night I participated in a "cookie exchange" with some ladies from church. I made my mother-in-law's Rollo pretzels to share...

The idea was that we made a dozen treats for each lady participating and there were 10 of us, so 10 dozen treats. Lexi was so excited when brought home all those cookies...
Here she is enjoying the first of too many cookies...
And here are some pictures of Avery looking festive for church today...


And here are the girls all dressed and ready to go to a Christmas party we had at church on Saturday...
We are getting really excited for Christmas at our house and can't wait to celebrate NEXT WEEK! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!

No comments: