This has been a crazy busy week! We've had the missionaries in our home for my friend Emily's lessons. She is progressing so well and moving closer to baptism and it's so fun to be a part of it all! Meeting Emily and being a part of this special time in her life has been a huge blessing for me. Lexi loves the missionaries and alsways ask for more of them when they leave, it's so cute. She does the same thing with Emily and her son Fulcon.
This week we officially started our new callings at church. Sean was called to teach the Priest (16, 17, & 18 year old boys) and I was called to teach the Beehives (12 & 13 year old girls). We are THRILLED! I'm pretty sure that is Sean's dream calling. Haha. And we're both so excited to get more involved and get to know more people in our ward (that's Mormon lingo for congregation). This week we all when to mutual (the weekly activity for young men and women). It was an etiquette dinner. Lexi hand so much fun, she keeps asking for more church. I think she is really going to like our callings.
Lexi is growing up SOOO fast! Ever since she turned two her langauge skills have been getting so much better. She talks all the time. I am finally starting to have someone to "talk" to during the day. Lexi's catches on to EVERYTHING! She is always noticing new things and asking me for whatever it is. For example, there are several older kids in our apartment complex that have bikes. Lexi likes watching them ride there bikes. Earlier this week she told me, "I want bike." I told her we have to buy a house first (or an apartment with outdoor space for storage, which I want within the next year). So now Lexi keeps telling me, "Buy house." If only it was that easy! So all week I keep hearing, "I want pink bike. Buy house."
Lately Lexi has been getting sooo much better at recognizing her letters. Yesterday, she was eating letter shaped cookies. She brought me the letter "F "and said "F" and then said the f sound and said "fly." She is such a little smarty! Another thing she is - "a Little Monster." Sean calls the girls that jokingly (Monsters aren't a bad thing for us. After all, Elmo is a monster). The other day when I went to get Lexi up and she looked up at me and said, "I'm a little monster." It was adorable!!!
I want to start potty training Lexi but I need to make some time and I'm not sure if she's ready yet. I've bought her LOTS of under ware (Elmo and Minnie Mouse) as an incentive. She wants to wear them but doesn't use the potty yet so she has to wait. I haven't tried to potty train her yet so I shouldn't be frustrated that she still is in diapers. I need advice from parents out that on the best way to get started.
If you want to see recent pictures and videos, go to our Shutterfly site. I'm always updating it.
Also,last night I found out that I'm famous, kinda. My craft blog (which I am currently updating and making cuter) was "featured" on another craft blog! Check it out. I made this blog mostly for myself as a way to "book mark" all the things I want to do. I didn't really realize that other people looked at it. And speaking of crafts, my latest project is making Barbie clothes. If I remember I'll eventually post pictures.
One other thing, our AMAZING friends David and Chelsi became second time parents yesterday! There first daughter Madi is a few months older than Lexi and now their second daughter (name has not been announced) is a few months younger than Avery. Chelsi is a trooper! Their baby was 9 lbs 6 ozs!!! Avery was only 7lbs 11 ozs and thought the recovery from that was HARD! Anyway, We're so happy for you David and Chelsi and we can't wait for our daughters to all be friends!
3 comments:
you have my dream calling!! i lone y/w! and i check your craft blog all the time for ideas so keep it up!!
That's really cool that your blog was "featured". Now you'll get even more traffic! That's like every bloggers dream I think, haha. I don't have any advice about potty training. The idea has barely crossed my mind. I figured I would wait until Sophie's communication skills are a little more advanced. It sounds like Lexi understands and says so much though, so she would catch on quick. Our friends were just here with their 20 month old who they have started potty training. I was kind of amazed! I guess maybe I am supposed to start thinking about it at some point too. Good luck!
There are a few things you can do, but some things work for different kids depending on personality. With the kids my mom watched and raised, these are a few things that work:
Going completely bottomless (this worked with the boys). You have to stay home for a few days, but it works.
Make her sit on the potty until she goes, but don't make it a punishment. Give her books, toys, etc while she's sitting.
Make a reward jar (we did this with both above methods).
If she has accidents, make her throw the panties away so she can see natural consequences (I don't love this one).
With any method, start by making her sit on the potty every half hour, and make sure you're calm and consistent with whatever you do. Good luck!
Post a Comment