Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Weekend of Remebering and Honoring Our Parents

It's been five years since Sean's mom, Pam, passed away and went to the other side of the veil to serve another mission and sing the song of the Savior's redeeming love. We miss her. You know you're a good parent when you still influence you children when you are not even there. She truely was a fabulous mother and example.

Since today is Father's Day, it is a wonderful time to honor our own fathers. Garth is such a fabulous support to Sean and I. He is so layed back and low key and we love that about him. Sean wants to be just like his dad- sitting on the couch, watch the game, drinking a "tall cool one" with a baby on his lap. My dad, Donn is such a blessing in my life. He has always been a support to me and a source of comfort. I can't wait to see him with my daughter. That will be so precious.

I guess Father's Day applies to Sean now, becuase we have a baby, even if she is in my belly. I can't wait to see him hold her and adore her. I know that she is going to have him wrapped around her tiny fingers.

1 comment:

Valerie Christensen said...

Your description of Garth fist him perfectly!! "Laid back" with a "tall cool one." Hahah Anyways, Happy Fathers Day Sean. Just a few more weeks...