Thursday, September 13, 2012

Eli Update

I'm just over 35 weeks and due one month from Saturday!
I'm in denial, for sure.
Last week I started going to some midwives in Murray and my first appointment went great.
I loved the midwife that I saw and now I just have to try and meet all of them 
because who ever is on call will deliver.
But I have weekly appointments now so that will make meeting everyone a little easier.


I have a clinic of high risk pregnancy doctors assigned to me as well.
The MD's and the midwives work together as a team.
I got an ultrasound this week and talked with an MD about my history and my goals and he said I was a great VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) candidate and gave me the official okay for another VBAC.
Eli is head down and is weighing about 6 lbs right now.
We might have a big boy in our near future, if that estimate is correct.


In the past two weeks I've really started to like being pregnant less.
Eli is just so strong and is taking over every inch of my mid section. 
He kicks out to the side of me and up into my ribs.
I've been sleeping with an ice pack every night on my lower back to help with the nerve pain.
And since Sean's surgery, I've been really active trying to take care of everyone 
and I've started getting swollen feet, something I've never experienced before.


               Above is a picture of the changing table that we redid. We painted it and add new knobs.
I should have taken a before picture but just know that it looks more amazingly awesome now.
We also set up the portable crib in our room and I washed the car-seat.
And in a few days I'm having a baby shower and after that we'll hurry and buy everything else that we need.
It's time to get ready for real because I'm nearly full term.
Although, I am ready to not be pregnant anymore I don't want Eli to come until his due date 
because Sean will be in a sling and won't be able to drive for at least the next three weeks!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, you're so close to being a mommy of three! Can you believe it? I'm excited for you to have a little boy. They're crazy and really fun. :) I hope Sean heals quickly so that you both can fully enjoy being parents to a newborn again.

Lorie Ann said...

Your adorable! And your dresser drawers look awesome!