Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Avery's Birthday

Last Thursday was my little Avery's first birthday.


The night before her birthday we blew up balloons and put up streamers and


wrapped her presents. Lexi loved helping.


And here are the pictures from Avery's big day...






We got this flyer in the mail and Sean thought it was fitting.


It says, "I am not a baby. I am a toddler."

On the morning of her birthday, Avery mostly played with her Grandpa (my dad)

while my mom and Lexi made the cupcakes and I finished up party decorations.


Here's little Avery napping.


I actually had to wake her up to go to her party.


Before the party we attempted to get some pictures...














We had the party at my friend Tiffany's house.


Thanks again Tiff!


It was a small gathering, just some of my friends and their kids.


Really it was an excuse for me to just hang out with my peeps.


I did make some decorations though.


I hung up pictures of Avery, sewed a banner, painted Avery's name and


made these tissue paper balls.


I love the way they turned out.


In fact, they are now hanging in the girls' bedroom.


And now the cake pictures (my favorite part)...


Lexi was so excited to be the big sister and blow out the candle.














Oh my goodness, we love this girl so much!!!





Here are some of the kiddo's that we at the party.


Most of them were Lexi's friends.


Tiffany lives in a small townhouse.


But out of our group of friends she's one of the few that isn't in an apartment so


her house and small yard seem big and spacious to all of us.


Lexi absolutely loves playing in their yard.


Avery did too.


That night we went out to Sadie's, one of our favorite New Mexican restaurants.


I made sure that the servers sung to Avery for her birthday.


They even brought her dessert.


After dinner we went to one of the parks by our house.


Both girls love the swings and just playing in the grass.


I love this picture of Avery in her birthday outfit.


I got the crown, shirt and skirt at Target.


And I ordered the leather shoes on diapers.com.


It was a perfect, warm, sunny spring day.





And a picture of my silly husband.


And one of my now all time favorite pictures of Sean.


I love it so much that it's already blown up, framed and sitting on Sean's desk at work.


It was a really great day.


I was so glad we were able to share it with my parents and friends.


I can't believe my little girl is one!


But she's still my little baby.


And speaking of little,


Avery had her one year check-up last Friday and she's little.


18 Lbs 2 Oz, 28 inches.


10% for weight and height.


Small but perfectly proportioned.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think some doctor charts must be different... Kara went in at 13 months and weighed the same, but was shorter and was told she was 15th for weight and 25th for height... That doesn't make sense if Avery weighed the same and is taller-- Doctors are so strange!!!

Valerie Christensen said...

Ow! Looks like it was a good day! Happy Birthday little Miss Avery! I really like the tissue pom poms--they turned out cute.

And I love the picture of Sean and Avery. Love.

Michelle said...

The tissue pom poms looked great and I loved Avery's birthday outfit. Sound like Avery is growing at the same rate as my kids. She might be 2 years old before she reaches the 20 lb. mark. No fat rolls on Avery.

aubrey and bobby said...

avery looks so cute in all of these!

Suki Lotti said...

I love how the frosting matches Lexi's clothes!