Yesterday, our little Alexia turned 17 months old! She is growing up so fast. This month she has learn A TON! She understands so much more, recognizes more words and tries to say more words. I'm posting a bunch of pictures to help remind me of what she's up to...

Lexi thinks she's such a big girl. She always wants to try our food and sip our drinks.

One of Lexi's
absolute favorite things to do is color. She has an Elmo coloring book that she colors in everyday. She even recognize a few shapes, like in the picture. She knows what a heart, circle and star are. We're working on colors too.

I just think this is a hilarious picture. I wanted to get a good one of her just sitting and smiling but that is near impossible for this wiggle one year old.

Lexi had a messy bun
on top of her head and when I took it out her hair looked like this. I am getting more
adventurous with her hair now that she has more of it.

Speaking of hair, look at this pony tail! She still doesn't have enough to do a real ponytail. But that's okay because I think this makes her look a lot older and I am not ready for her to grow up yet.

Lately and I don't know why but Lexi is
obsessed with bows. She'll grab my hand and walk me into her room and point to all her bows hanging on the wall and say bow and then point to her hair. You think I'd be thrilled about this but the problem is that she's such a girl. She likes to try a bow on and then asks to try a different one on and she'll do that over and over until she finds the one she likes.

Alexia LOVES to sort, group and organize her toys. For example, I gave her this tube with tennis balls and for 10 minutes straight (no joke, I timed it) she dumped them out of the tube and put them back in over and over. That is so Lexi.

Another example of her
obsession with group and sorting- she has a few Little People and she loves to stand them all up on one of her book shelves in a row. She does the same thing with her bath toys along the rim of the tub.

Lexi has always loved books. Her most recent favorite is the church's
artbook. We bought it at the
distribution center to use for our
FHE lessons. But Lexi's loves to look at it daily. She flips through it and points to Jesus and will say his name. She almost always gets Him right but sometimes she get Him
confused with other bearded men. She also recognizes the temple and loves pointing to it.
---The other day she was looking through the book and saw a picture of Jesus getting baptized. She was Jesus' name ("de gi") and "wawa". She knew that He was in water. She understands so much.
---That same day she flipped to a picture of Mary praying with Jesus when He was a boy. Lexi looked at the picture and folded her arms. So I knelt and prayed with her. She has such a sweet tender little spirit.
---Another day she was looking at the book and saw a picture of baby Jesus. She ran to grab one of her baby dolls and came back saying baby and pointing to the picture. She is always amazing me with the things she understands.

Another one of her favorite things is the basketball hoop in her room. She loves to climb on the base. She likes to climb on whatever we can. For example, yesterday we were in the clerks office at church (Sean is a clerk) and there were boxes with the new Sunday school
manual in them. And Lexi climb up on them and they were nearly as tall as her. She has no fear.
---This past month Lexi has got really good at using a fork. She uses it when she eats scrambled eggs (one of her favorite foods and one of my favorite foods when I was pregnant with her).
---Lexi now tells us when she's hungry. She points to her mouth and says "eeee" for eat and then runs to her high chair.
---And when Lexi is poopy she pats her bottom and runs to the hall closet where her diapers are and says "dada" for diaper.
---Lexi loves watching Elmo's World and so I let her watch it a few times a week. Elmo's neighbor is this weird guy named Mr. Noodle. Lexi loves him and when she sees him she says "new new" for noodle.
---Another one of Lexi's favorite things to do is play with her kitchen and pretend to cook. She loves putting her pretend food on a plate and puts it into the microwave. She also loves getting one of my big wooden spoons and using it to stir all of her food. She loves to do what she sees Mommy doing.
---Last night we watch the Christmas Devontional. We've been teaching Lexi who President Monson is. And last night she recognize him! It made me so proud.
---There are so many other new things she does now. It's hard to remember them all but I wanted to try my best to document them.
2 comments:
I love this post! Lexi is just so dang cute! She has been since birth, and it is so fun learning about her cute personality.
I CANNOT believe this! I remember when I met her for the first time as a little 2-month-older. She is darling!
Post a Comment