Friday, November 20, 2009

Scary E.R. Visit and Pregnancy Update

This week I've been having trouble sleeping. So last night I look a Unisom sleeping pill. Not long after that I was experiencing REALLY intense stomach pain. I couldn't sleep at all and was so miserable! I wasn't sure if the pain was related to the pill but I knew that something wasn't right. So at 2 am this morning Sean took me to the hospital. Our amazing neighbors listened to Lexi's baby monitor for us.

I was in tears when we got the ER. I was worried and so tired from the Unisom. My blood and urine tested normal but they had trouble finding our baby's heartbeat. It look more than a minute but felt like an hour before they found the heartbeat. Sean later said that if they took much longer to find the heartbeat he would have started crying, which is saying a lot because Sean NEVER cries.

They couldn't determine what was wrong so they gave me some pain medication and a drink to take to clean me out incase I was constipated. Which I knew I wasn't. On the way home I started drinking that nasty liquid and instantly started throwing it up. Good thing I had brought along a bowl just in case.

This morning we went back to the hospital for an ultrasound. We got hooked up and the technician told me that I needed to go drink 3 water bottles full of water and come back in an hour. I drank a ton of water and some orange juice. I drank so much that I felt so sick. When we were walking back up to the hospital, I felt horrible. I threw up all my breakfast and all those liquids right on the grass outside the front entrance. So all that hard work was for nothing!

Our ultrasound went good. At first the tech wasn't saying anything which made me worried. She thought there might be a problem with my cervix she later told us but ultimately she determined that everything looked great. Our baby is healthy. "Pat" has a good heart rate and is VERY active. During the ultrasound the baby flip completely several times. We were hoping that we'd get to find out the gender today but our child wouldn't let us get a good look. So we have to wait until the 1st still. This baby is reminding me a lot of Lexi. She wouldn't cooperate in her ultrasounds either.

The tech did tell me that she saw me having contractions on the ultrasound. So that probably was what caused all this. I never even thought of that.


The highlight of it all is that we have a healthy baby.

8 comments:

Anony said...

I was so worried about you last night! I sooo am glad to know everything turned out well with you and Pattie baby. If you ever need anything at all I'm here for ya!

Rob and Nicole Garside said...

I'm SO glad you're ok!!! That is way scary. I hope things continue to go well. Miss You!!

K. Bitton said...

SO glad nothing was wrong:) I hope you are feeling better!!

Lindsey said...

Scary! I'm so happy everything is ok. I'm excited to hear what the gender is on the 1st.

Lisa said...

wow that is so scary sam! I'm really glad everything worked out and that you and baby are ok!

The Andersens said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad everything turned out allright! Oh and I don't think I ever told you congratulations on baby #2:)

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry! Now I feel awful because I suggested Unisom, i hope it didn't cause any of the pain for you. I'm so glad to hear you and the baby are healthy!

Katy said...

SAM!!! That is crazy! I'm so sorry, but glad to hear that it looked good on the ultrasound. Keep us posted!