Saturday, July 11, 2009

R Mountain

Sean and I have been wanting to hike "R Mountain" for a while and we finally did it last night. We climbed the north side. It was steep and I'm not gonna lie tiring. Sean carried Lexi in a sling the whole time. I thought about quitting but we made it to the top. It was gorgeous watching the sunset over the valley. To celebrate our trip we went to Sonic for slushies. It was a great night. And Lexi was so good.

For those of you who don't know what "R Mountain" is, I'll tell you. It's more formally known as the Menan Buttes. They are volcanoes, composite I believe. Here is a picture for you (this reminds me of the maps that Sean and I used in our geology class).





Here is our little trooper.




We actually made it to the top!


The beautiful sunset.

4 comments:

Melody said...

I'm jealous. Andrew is too heavy for me to carry in our front carrier! It hurts my back.

Looks like you had fun!

Hannah said...

I love that hike. And the view is breathtaking! Your little girl is getting SO BIG!!! I wish that I had stopped by and said hi when I came to the burg last time. :( I may not see you until you have baby #2... weird!

The Oswalds said...

Holy Cow!! That's why you are looking so dang skinny!!!!! Thanks for finding us so I can keep updated with you! It's fun to run into people and keep up with them. Your little girl is so cute, I'm jealous!

Katy said...

Look at you guys! That looks like it was a lot of fun for you!