Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

Who's idea was it to let one year old's eat cake on their first birthday? Yesterday was Alexia's first birthday. We had a party for her last night. It was a lot of fun. I want to thank everyone for coming. It meant a lot to me to have some many friends come celebrate this milestone with us.

I'm taking Lexi to get her 1 year well baby check in a few hours. Wish me luck. If she does well, maybe I'll get to post about her birthday. Until then, I have one picture to share...



And in case you're wondering, yes she loved the cake. She ate A LOT of it. So much in fact that she was full of energy until 10:30 last night!

6 comments:

Allen Family said...

Thanks for inviting us. We had fun watching Lexi chow down. I just love when the cake is first placed in front of them, they are wondering what it is and what to do. Finally they get the hang of it.

amber said...

I'm glad that it was so fun! Sorry we couldn't make it, I wish we could have!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Lexi! I wish we could have been there, it looks like you're having fun this summer. We are in Kentucky now and really love it. I miss Idaho but it's been fun to meet new people too

Amanda said...

happy birthday lexi! (and you!) i love how the blue frosting brings out the blue in her eyes haha.

Valerie Christensen said...

Haha. Well seeing as how you have never given her sugar and then whammo she eats cake and icing, no wonder she was wired!! lol. But cute picture and I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures.
Happy B-day Lexi!

Anony said...

she was sooo funny! had a great time!