Thursday, July 30, 2009

Island Park

I'm not gonna lie, I've been dreading this post because I took over 800 pictures on our trip and can't decide which ones to post. I created a photo album on our Picasa with about half the pictures I took.

Last Wednesday, Sean's parents picked Alexia and I up and took us to a Cabin just north of Island Park. Thursday, after finishing their finals, Sean and his sister Andrea came up. Sean's brothers Josh and Aaron and his sister Michelle and her family came as well. Sadly, Sean's oldest brother Jared and his family couldn't make it. Jared was actually taking the bar exam last weekend.

Anyway, we had SO MUCH FUN! The cabin was cool, nothing fancy but great for us. We hung out and played games, Scum of course. I got to meet my new adorable niece Halle. We spent a day by the water and rented a jet ski. We were able to roast hot dogs and make smores. We walked around West Yellowstone and went to a rodeo. And one of my favorite things was seeing all the beautiful scenery and sunsets. Here are some pictures...


Here is the cabin. It was a cute little A-frame.


Lexi and I had a lot of fun with Sean's parents before everyone came.


Lexi and her cousin Parker who is a year older had a lot of fun together. He played so well with her.

I love this picture of Lexi because she has a double chin and looks so plump.

This is my new neice Halle. Sean and I loved holding her. It reminded us of what Lexi was like a year ago. It went by fast.




Recently Lexi has been climbing everything she can (she still doesn't even walk yet). I found Lexi at the top of this slide! She climbed up it all by herself.


Sean and I loved Jet Skiing!



Lexi loved the water. She is a little fish.


Here we are with Sean's bro Aaron at the Rodeo.


Sean's family (minus his bro Jared and his fam)


Aaron and his girlfriend Laurel


Being tourist around West Yellowstone (That's Jory, Josh's friend on the right)


On the way home we stopped at Big Springs


Michelle and Justin stopped in Rexburg on their way home. Here is Michelle and Sean with their girls.

For everyone who has never been to the area. Here are some pictures. It was so beautiful!














Thanks Dad and Kristi for the fun time! We had a blast!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I think on the picture of us at west Yellowstone with the bear, you should have just said that jory...mory...cory...tory....dori...whatever was just some random stranger who wanted to be in the picture. haha This trip was a blast! I miss you guys!

Natalie said...

Fun trip! I can't believe how big Lexi has grown since I last saw her a couple months ago! She's so cute

Valerie Christensen said...

Looks like a lot of fun. And we aren't bitter at all that we couldn't come. :)