Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Technically I guess I was a mother last year but I consider this is my first Mother's Day. It was a good day. I woke up with no voice and was feeling a little sick, which was a little stressful because I spoke in sacrament meeting today. Anyway, Lexi and I cuddled in bed this morning. Sean made "creepies" aka crepes for the first time. They turned out great Sweetie. And then we just played before church because I had no church meetings, hurray! Our Relief Society presidency spoke in Sacrament and we did a great job (minus my scratchy voice).

Since it's Mother's Day, I'll like to send a shot out to all the mothers in my life - all my aunts, "grandmas", my wonderful mother-in-law Kristi, my two amazing sisters-in-law Val and Michelle, women in my home ward and all my momma friends. And most importantly my own mom! I just want to public tell my mother - I love you! I am so grateful for all the sacrafices you have made to better my life and make me happy. It makes me feel so great that you love my daughter so much. You are not only an amazing mother but an amazing grandmother ("Gigi").

Here are some pictures of my journey into motherhood...

November 2007 - When I found out that I was going to become a Mommy

Spring 2008 - Huge and prego (32 weeks)

July 2008 - Holding my newborn baby girl

October 2008 - Swimming with Lexi in the big tub

December 2008 - Lexi's first Christmas


And of course a picture from today and one of me with my mom and my daughter (three generations of love)

8 comments:

Kelcie said...

You guys did great today in church! I loved all of your talks. You guys are such an awesome presidency, thanks for all you do sam, you rock!

Brenda K. said...

oh my gosh, i didn't finish reading your post and i looked down and saw the pic with the pregnancy test and thought your were preggy again, just about freaked out for you! That would have been crazy/exciting. But i hope you had a happy mothers day!

Anonymous said...

we arent sure. we'll stay in the ward if he gets an internship in rexburg, but i dont even think he's applied for any here? he has an interview in IF on friday. If he gets that we might move to Rigby? other than that we're looking all over the US!

K. Bitton said...

Happy mother's day! It was fun to see you the other day! We need to get together more often. I love the progressive pictures:)

Anony said...

1. What a great post!
2. I love all your pictures
3. I wish I coulda been there to hear your talk
4. You're an awesome possom Lexi's mom and Porter's mom-in-law!

Valerie Christensen said...

Sounds like a good day! Your one awesome momma! Love you!

The Henkel Family said...

I loved your journey through motherhood blog! You are so cute and I truly think that you are such a great Relief Society President. You're so friendly and easy to talk to. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are doing a really good job. All of you guys did a great job speaking in church as well.

Hannah said...

The sunglasses are killer.

I love the shirt you are wearing when you took your prego test.

I can't believe how fast your hair grows.

You are beautiful! You are someone I really hope I am like 'when I grow up.' I love you!!!!

You made me cry. Miss you, kiddo