Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alexia's First Road Trip

We went to Washington for a week and a half. It was fun to be with family and relax. Sean enjoyed the break from working. I enjoyed the opportunity to be with people instead of being at home alone with the baby. The drive was long with a newborn. We drove for three hours and then stop to feed her and then drove some more. It was so exhausting! Alexia got to meet her grandpa and nana Christensen for the first time. We were there for my dad's birthday. We had a baby shower for her. We had her baby blessing while we were there. She also got to meet some of my extended family. It was a great trip.

Now that we are back home, I am sick with mastitis again. It's hard being sick and alone at home but I've done this before so I can do it again.

Celebrating my dad's birthday. He is even more officially over the hill! He is now 63.
Alexia started smiling more while we were in Washington. I can't wait for her to smile all the time.
Grandpa Christensen just loves holding babies and relaxing on the couch.
Alexia got to me my grandpa, her great-grandpa Briggs. It was exciting to have 4 generations together.
Here we are on her blessing day. Sean gave her a beautiful blessing. And her dress looked pretty good. I did a good job sewing it for a beginner.

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

What a bummer! I'm so sorry to hear you're sick again. You are a trooper. It was really fun to see you guys and Alexia of course. Dinner was great, the shower turned out to be really fun and it was so special to be there for Alexia's blessing. Glad that you are home safe and sound. Feel better soon!

Courtney said...

so cute!! i looked at your album too!! i miss you guys. Call me anytime you need a vistor. i am serious. i am rarely busy so its about time we caught up!!
court

Amanda said...

hey, its amanda from pregnancy class. I found your blog through Aubrey's, hope its okay that I take a look. Alexia is getting so big! Shes adorable!

Beth Tunnell said...

It was so great to see you guys! Alexia is so beautiful. And I can't believe you made the blessing dress! It looked perfect from where I sat.

Valerie Christensen said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun in Washington! I love all the pictures you post--Lexi is getting so big! And I love that you made her blessing dress--it turned out so cute. I have been looking for one for Adalynn and I cant believe how A. expensive they are and B. How ugly most of them are. Seriously most of the ones I have found here in Vegas look like mini wedding dresses from the 80's.

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

kay, that's way crappy about the mastitis. yuck. we are going to provo on sunday, so for sure call us.

Chelsi said...

I posted up your shower pictures that were taken with my camera. Let me know when you have the ones you want, cus I'm running out of space on my picasa. I'll still have the pics on my computer, but I'll just delete them from my picasa album. Enjoy! There are some really cute ones of everyone that was there.