Tuesday, July 31, 2012

L-E-X-I

 Lexi has been really excited about the letter L for a while now.
She writes L's on everything! 
Seriously, there are sticky notes all over our house with just the letter L on it.
And she's been putting L's all over her artwork. 
Just look at this picture Lexi drew of my dad and the sun a few weeks ago...


We've been trying to get her to write her name for a while now.
She's been able to do the I and an X that looks more like a T for a while too.
But she's been so frustrated with trying to write E's.
But today she did it! She wrote all the letters in her name!
Here's her first attempt...


 And her second attempt. She almost got the order right.


And on her third try she got it!!!


She was soooo excited! Her face was beaming with pride.
I have to say that I felt pretty proud too.
And since she figured it out, she just keeps writing her name over and over again..
 


Alright, now that she's got her first name down, it's time to work on her last name. 
Haha. 
That might take a while.

No comments: