Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Much Needed Family Updated

I am not sure where to begin. Life has been crazy ever since we came back from spring break. I guess I'll start with Sean. He is now on Fast Grad, meaning he is going to school year round. This semester he is taking two intense accounting classes. One of them is considered the hardest accounting class on campus, it's not the highest level but it's hard because of the learning content verses skill level at this point. Sean is in another web design class. He has to run his own website. There is nothing there yet but I'll post the link when he has something to show. He also has a business class and a church history class and drum roll please... golf! He is super busy and working hard.

I think I'll talk about the changes in my life. For sure the biggest change is that I am no long the 1st councelor in the Relief Society, I am now the Relief Society President! I have been R.S.P. for almost two weeks and it has already changed my life. I can't sleep as well at night, I just lay in bed thinking about the sisters in my ward and visiting teaching and activities. I have been trying to get to know my counselors better and all the newly weds that just moved into our ward. And since it was the end of a semester and now is the begining of a new one that means lots of changes in callings. So, to sum all that up, I'M BUSY!

Another big thing is that my beloved camera is on the verge of dying! If you have ever looked at my Picasa photo albums, you know I take A LOT of pictures. So I am trying to decide which camera to get within my budget. Sean would like me to spend no more than $200, which sounds like a lot but I want way more expensive cameras. So I am going to call the plasma center and if I get the courage, I'll give plasma inorder to get a really nice camera. I figure if I'm going to spend money, I might as well get and amazing camera. I guess I am just a little snobby!

I have no pictures that I want to post of myself, so onto Lexi. She is amazing, like always. She is going to be 10 months old next week, I can't believe it! She is still my good little eater but now she is a great little napper, which I love! She now knows that Sean is "Dad." When I ask her where her dad is she looks at him. And she says "Dad" when she sees him come home. It's adorable. She can say "Mom" but I don't think she has registered that I am her mom. Lexi has always liked books but now she loves them! We are going to story time at the local library now. She loves to just sit and look at her books.

Alexia still isn't crawling or showing signs of walking. She is close to crawling. She can go backwards and in circles but I just don't think she cares enough to try to crawl. She is just very content with sitting. So you think my life would be pretty easy right but I still am watching Ryan, and it's more then ever now that her dad isn't in school and is working. So, sometimes I feel like I have twins! Which for the record, I never want!



11 comments:

Allen Family said...

Let me just say that you make an amazing R.S. President. I enjoyed you comments on my lesson. Very insightful. If you ever need anything please don't forget to ask.

Brenda K. said...

hahaha, i love the picture of lexi and ryan in the swing and the one in the not so double stroller...and this is what i am doing instead of packing ;)

Chelsi said...

wow you have been a busy momma! thanks for the update! I'm sure you are going to be a wonderful relief society president. you are so warm and welcoming every time i see you. as for your camera...i'm sorry yours is giving p on you! that's no fun. what camera are you thinking of getting? i have done A TON of research and i know a whole lot about what makes a camera worth the money. let me know!

Sam said...

Thanks everyone for all the support. Get to work packing Brenda and Chelsi maybe I should just call you because I am not sure what I want and I could use your great insight!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are RSP cause your one of the only girls in the ward I know,and that knows me. If you need help watching the girls I can any day after 3- because i now have a job! yipeeee

Katy said...

I bet you are so overwhelmed with R.S. right now, Sam! I'm sure you are doing a great job, though! When you are ready for a break, send Lexie over here...and we probably have room for her twin too. :)

Michelle said...

Lexi looks so cute and I especially love the picture of her and Ryan in the swing together. Lexi looks annoyed in the picture though. Glad to hear that Sean is taking on the challenge of Golf, one of the hardest classes on campus. Way to go Sean.
About the no sleep thing... If it makes you feel any better, I too lay awake in bed until the early hours of the morning. Not a lot to think about but I just can't get comfortable. I love being pregnant.

Valerie Christensen said...

RS President, huh? You are going to do a great job!
It looks so nice there--can't wait to see you in about a month!

The Carneys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Carneys said...

oh my goodness! Alexia is so freakin cute!! She has the same teeth Alexa does lol crazy!!oh and congrats on becoming R.S. President! Thats exciting!! :o)

Hannah said...

Relief Society President? Sam, what next? I think you are already a great person. So, you have my vote! I love that Sean is taking golf. That is a great old man sport. Perfect for the old man in him... or whatever. And, of course, Lexi is SO cute. That picture of her in the swing... hahaha! She does NOT like to share! Or she is being squished. HA! Miss you! I am going to be home almost in time for Lexi's 1st b-day. YIPPEE!