Thursday, January 7, 2010

18 Months Old Already!

I can't believe my baby is already 18 months old! It's gone by fast, especially when I think about how much she's changed. Lexi is a little person now. She is so fun, entertaining, sweet, independent and a bit sassy. And we just adore her!

Lexi now recognize several of her body parts, including: head, hair, eye, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, belly, arm, hand, leg, bottom and feet. And right now I'm working with her on elbow.

She understands the words for several different articles of clothing, including: hat, jacket, pants, shirt, pajamas, shoes, boots, scarf, socks and diaper (which for her is an essential article of clothing). And she is consistently taking her clothes out of her dresser and attempting to put them on herself. She has actually gotten really close to doing it all by herself a few times.

She recognizes many animals now and most of the sounds they make, including: dog, sheep, cow, horse, duck, giraffe, elephant, lion, gorilla/ monkey, fish, shark, dolphin, walrus/ seal, spider, bee, butterfly and I'm sure there are more.

Lexi also knows several different foods: banana, apple, grape, rice, peaches, bread, sand which, cookie, cracker, milk, water, juice, carrot, pickle, olive, ice cream, Popsicle, popcorn, fruit snack, pumpkin, noodles and more. She says or at least tries to say the name of all of these.

She now knows the names of several house hold items: chair, microwave, bath, couch, pillow, blankie, book, bowl, fork and spoon, flower, camera, ball, button, zipper, broom, trash/garbage can, crayon, play dough, water, head band, box and TV to name a few. And she can say at least in her own way the names of most of these.

Lexi's new favorite phrase is... "no way." I have no idea who taught it to her but she says it all the time. So thanks.

Today I took Lexi in for her regular check-up and she's doing great. She is right on track developmentally. She is now: 21 lbs 9 Oz (14%) and 32 1/4 inches (69%) and almost 2 inches of growth in the last 3 months! She did get two more shots but she did AMAZING! Thank you to the power of fruit snacks and a sticker. And the best part is the nurse told me no more vaccine until kindergarten!!! HURRAY!


Yesterday, I was in the kitchen cooking for a few minutes and when I peeped my head into the living room to see what Ms. Lexi was up to I found this; one of Sean's old (thank goodness) assignments torn apart and colored all over with crayon and highlighter. Not to mention highlighter marks all over her hand and face.
This picture isn't amazing in the quality department but it's hilarious none the less. I love Lexi's big grin.
Lexi's dream outfit: the least amount of clothes she can get away with and shoes.
All bundle up to walk with mom (minus the big blanket she was wrapped up in) to the church. Don't you just love the hat. It's part of a Halloween costume that I wore when I was her age.
Lexi is OBSESSED with her baby dolls. This one in particular was mine when I was a girl. And she is anatomically correct and Lexi ALWAYS takes her diaper off. She likes to try to put it back on. The other day she pointed to the baby's bottom and said, "poop" and then asked me for a diaper and some wipes. She is such a little mother.
Lexi now has five babies and she loves carrying them all over the apartment.
My parents got Lexi this annoying piano mat. She loves dancing on it causing it to make noise. She likes us or her babies to go on it with her.
That's our Lexi, a face full of smiles. Her smile and laugh make everything worth it.Playing in her room all by herself. She's very independent, which most of the time I love.

I love this picture I took of her last night mostly because she looks so chubby which she isn't.

5 comments:

Opal said...

i really miss lexi. i wish i had a car so i could come see you guys.

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i love that you're so honest about how annoying the piano is. cute, but totally would be SO annoying. i hope you enjoy sunday with nursery participation!!

Michelle said...

She looks a lot like Sean did as a baby. Especially in the last picture. She's growing up too fast.

Valerie Christensen said...

Owwwww! I don't even know where to start!
First, She is just so, so cute! her little smile makes me so happy.
Second, I can't beleive our babies are 18 months!I do love this age though!
Third, Addie colors on EVERTHING! Which Devin never really did. I hate it! There is literally pen/marker/crayon on every wall of this house.
Fourth, Addie and Lexi could totally be best friends. They both love their babies. Addie seriously never leaves home or goes to bed without her baby.
Last, Geez! I should have just called you.

Lisa said...

Lexi is 18 months, which means Jake is almost a YEAR! Can you believe how fast time goes? I remember vividly the first time you brought Lexi to church when she was a tiny newborn. Wow!